Bacon Cheeseburger Eggrolls
These Cheeseburger Egg Rolls are crispy, cheesy and filled with a delicious tasty filling! These make an awesome snack for the kids or appetizer for the adults! The mixture inside is really delicious.
I found two types of spring roll wrappers…one type I bought is a little stretchy and mushy…and a second type always seems a little dry and papery. Rubber bands work much better, I find the papers to be dry and cracked at times. You may need to try a few brands. Spring roll wrappers are often found in the deli or with the tofu products in the vegetarian zone. Most stores have them, but you may need to ask.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded, or 1/2 cheese string
- 20 egg roll wrappers mine were 5″x5″
- oil for frying
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, bacon and onion until cooked. Drain any grease.
- Add ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Lay each egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place 1 ½ tablespoons of cheese and 1 ½ tablespoons beef filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. (If you don’t know how to roll an egg roll it usually shows on the package).
- Preheat oil to 350°F. Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Serve hot with ketchup & mustard.
Recipe Notes :
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They can also be wrapped individually and frozen for up to 3 months.
To reheat, add to skillet with oil, air fry or bake until heated through.