Cajun Butter Steak Bites with Mushrooms
Juicy Air Fryer Cajun Butter Steak Bites with Mushrooms. These beef tenderloin steak bites are tender and packed with savory Cajun flavor. You’ll add this outstanding air fryer or stovetop recipe to your weekly meal plan for dinner. Prepared in the air fryer in just 8 minutes, and cooked seasoned with mushrooms and tossed in butter, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time.
I’ve been making cajun butter steak bites and mushrooms for years and I’m excited how tasty, tender, and juicy they turn out in the air fryer. I will never go back to making them on the stovetop again. This is such a simple and easy recipe to make for a quick dinner. I like it with vegetables, rice, or pasta.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- 2 ½ tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 ½ tbsp butter
- Whisk together creole seasoning, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper; set aside.
- Cut beef tenderloin into 1½-inch by 1-inch pieces. Place steak bites, sliced mushrooms, 2½ tbsp oil, and seasoning mix into bowl.
- Mix until meat and mushrooms are well coated. Cover bowl and marinate 30 minutes to 1½ hours.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes. Cook in the air fryer (in 2 batches) at 400°F for 6-10 minutes.
- TIP: Beef should be in a single layer with a tiny space between pieces so they don’t steam. Place mushrooms in and around steak. Mushrooms may be cooked seperately at 400°F for 6 minutes.
NOTE : 6 minutes = more rare. 10 minutes = medium-well.
Toss cooked mushrooms and steak pieces in bowl with butter. Sprinkle with more creole seasoning or salt if desired.
Serve with rice, roasted broccoli, noodles, brussels sprouts, couscous, roasted carrots, or a green salad.