Easy Mexican Street Corn
This Mexican street corn is super simple to make especially on the grill and is the perfect side dish that everyone will enjoy for the summer!
How to Make Easy Mexican Street Corn ?
When making this Easy Mexican Street Corn, you can cook the corn however you like. For me, it HAS to be grilled. I’m a big fan of cooking the corn directly on the grill, husked removed, to ensure that I get those nice darned corn kernels AND to give it that undeniable smokey grilled flavor. You could, however, also leave the husks on.
4 ears of corn
- ¼ cup of Crema Mexican Agria Sour Cream (regular sour cream will work as well)
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (or finely minced)
- ¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of Cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- Heat your grill to roughly 400 degrees F. You can grill the corn with the husks on or off. I took the husks off to ensure that I got some nice grill marks on the corn and because I feel like it gives it a nice grilled flavor.
- FOR HUSKS ON: let your corn soak in water for 10 minutes before grilling.
- FOR HUSKS OFF: lightly spray spray each cob with cooking spray.
- Place the corn on the grill and grill for roughly 12 minutes, turning the cobs 1/4 turn every 3 minutes.
- Mix the topping sauce by stirring together the Cacique® Crema Mexican Agria Sour Cream, mayonnaise, cotija cheese, garlic, lime zest and juice, and cilantro.
- Generously top each corn cob with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with a bit of chipotle chili powder, and top with a bit of extra cotija cheese and cilantro.
And that’s it! Isn’t it SO EASY!? I’m definitely adding this dish to our regular rotation for easy dinners.
Have you ever made Mexican Street Corn at home before?? If not then you’re missing out and should add this to your must try list !