Mexican Taco Lasagna
If you like food with a Mexican twist, this just might become a new favorite. Loaded with cheese and meat, the layered casserole comes together in a snap. There are never any leftovers when I take this dish to potlucks
This Taco Lasagna recipe is so easy and is a casserole that freezes well. When Mexican food meets Italian you get layers of pasta, salsa, seasoned taco meat and lots and lots of cheese.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can Ro*Tel diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
- 1 can Nacho Cheese Soup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 12 8-inch soft tortillas
- guacamole, cilantro, sour cream for topping, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray. Add the beef to a large skillet over medium heat and crumble as it cooks. Drain grease when cooked through.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Dump the tomatoes, cheese soup, and sour cream into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the cooked meat.
- Place 3 tortillas in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of tortillas on the top. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and melty. Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro, guacamole, and extra sour cream, as desired.