Soft Custard Rolls
This Custard Rolls Recipe will help you make the softest and most beautiful custard rolls with the least effort.
In this custard bread rolls recipe we use the One Rise Method of proofing and so we can make them faster than regular bread rolls.
The Custard Rose Rolls are squishy soft and they are filled with vanilla flavored custard cream.
This bread rolls recipe so versatile and easy to make that we need to use only a few basic ingredients and the resulting rolls are super soft and fluffy.
- 500g plain flour/4cups
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 7g yeast/2 & quarter tsp
- 1 egg
- 50g butter
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Mix milk and butter and warm on the stove but do not boil the milk.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Put the yeast and egg in the well. Then sprinkle the sugar on the flour. Pour the milk mixture into the well and mix thoroughly,it shouldn’t runny.
- Knead the dough and put in an oiled bowl cover with a wet dish towel or plastic wrap. Leave to rise until double in size.
- Knead aging to knock the air out of the dough after the first rise cut into smaller pieces and roll into balls and place on a baking tray cover the tray with a wet cloth or plastic wrap.
- Let it rise again. When it doubles again in size bake in a preheated Oven . I ALWAYS BAKE MINE AT 180° FOR 25 MINS.
Hope you appreciate it!