Its so easy to make these crispy and golden accordion potatoes. I prefer to do that in my air fryer. You do not need any fancy ingredient, just some potatoes.
Accordion Potato Skewers are the best! I love potatoes in any shape, form, or fashion, but having them stretched out, revealing a seemingly intricate pattern, makes them even more enjoyable!
- 3-4 medium potatoes Russet / Yukon Gold / Kind Edward / Idaho for best results, else lookout for Royal dutch cream/ Red royal/purple
- 3 tbsp. oil 2 tablespoon oil for seasoning
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt or as per taste
1. Mix chopped garlic, salt with 2 tablespoon oil. Keep it aside. Wash and remove any dirt from the potatoes and peel them. Cut the cheeks of the potato so that they have a flat surface on both sides.
2. Place the potato alongside 2 wooden spatulas or spoons. Cut the potato with the knife using the spatula to prevent from cutting all the way down through it.(Refer to picture in the post above)Cut them straight first.
3. We have to cut the potatoes from both sides. Turn around the potato and cut them diagonally using the spatula to prevent from cutting all the way down through it.
4. Insert a wooden skewer across the potatoes. This will help to hold them together.
5. Preheat the air fryer at 200 deg C (390 F). for 10 mins. Brush 1 tbsp. oil on it. Air fry for 8 mins at 200 deg C (390 F) to make accordion potatoes in the air fryer.
6. Apply the oil with seasoning to potatoes Air fry further for 12-14 mins at 200 deg C(390 F) or until the potatoes are cooked. Bigger potatoes will need few more minutes. . Serve hot/warm.
These are such a nice change from the usual baked or mashed potatoes, and your kids can peel off one little bite at a time.