Chex Scotcheroo Stack
Scotcheroos are one of my favorite guilty pleasures and now there’s an awesome scotcheroos chex mix version! It’s our friends’ favorite for parties!
This cookie recipe is so easy and simple. Best part? No baking required!! If you LOVE peanut butter and/or Buckeyes (peanut butter balls), you are going to LOVE this recipe. One of my new favorites this season – plus they’ve been a huge hit with my co-workers. It’s definitely a must-try!
- 12 cups Chex cereal (I used corn and rice)
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
1. Line large trays or cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper or Silpat. Measure Chex cereal into a large heatproof bowl.
2. In a saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar over medium heat. Bring to boil then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
3. Pour over cereal and gently fold together until cereal is completely covered. Scoop out onto prepared trays, I used a large ice cream scoop to make 30 stacks. When cool and set, make the topping.
These cookies are great even without the chocolate drizzle!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, add peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. Microwave on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted together and smooth. Spoon 1 Tbl of the mixture over each stack.
2. Let set up at room temperature or put in fridge to speed up the process. Makes 30 large stacks. Mixture can be pressed into a sprayed sheet pan and then drizzle topping over and cut into bars.
I am loving these chewy stacks of sweetness! Give them a try!