Made this Fried Chicken
Perfect Fried Chicken with the crispiest, most flavorful crunchy outside with moist and juicy meat on the inside.
When it comes to chicken, there’s nothing more delicious than a nice, juicy, crispy finger-licking piece of fried chicken. It may seem daunting to fry your own chicken, but it’s actually quite simple and puts grocery store and fast food fried chicken to shame. If you have an oil thermometer and a timer, you can produce foolproof fried chicken. If you’ve ever wanted to make your own fried chicken, now is the time to give it a try!
- Salt : 15 g (1 tbsp)
- Black pepper: 15 g (1 tablespoon)
- Eggs: 2 large (beaten)
- Evaporated milk: 120 ml (½ cup)
- Water: 120 ml (½ cup)
- Wheat flour: 240 g (2 cups)
- Paprika: 5 g (1 teaspoon)
- Ground thyme: ¼ teaspoon
- Ground garlic: ½ teaspoon
- Oil for frying: 950 ml (4 cups)
- Chicken: 1 whole (cut into 8 pieces)
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. The first thing you have to is to cut the chicken into 8 pieces, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
2. You’ll want to mix the eggs, milk, and water. Now that’s mixed, pour the mixture over the chicken and leave it for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix together the flour, paprika, thyme, and garlic in a paper bag (thick) then put the chicken inside the bag and shake it until the chicken is well coated.
4. Make sure the chicken is dry before put in the oil as the coating will not stick to the chicken if it’s wet.
5. After that, you need to heat the oil (it should reach 175°C (350°F). immediately put the chicken in the fryer and fry for half an hour, or until the chicken is golden brown (the trick is that breasts or thighs will take around 15 to 20 minutes and the wings around 10 to 15 minutes). And please drain the chicken with kitchen paper.
6. I find it very useful to use a mixture of half cream and half milk when I don’t have evaporated milk.