This rich satisfying dish, adapted from a recipe given to me by a friend, is my husband’s favorite. I usually serve it on his birthday.
My easy seafood lasagna recipe is a fish-based version, it’s loaded with shrimp and crab in a creamy sauce. I consider this the “crown jewel” in my repertoire of recipes.
You’re going to love !
- 4 oz cream cheese 225 g
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta or cottage cheese 375 ml
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese 250 ml, shredded
- 2 large scallions thinly sliced,
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley 60 ml, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter 45 ml
- 3 tbs all-purpose flour 45 ml
- 1 3/4 cups milk 450 ml
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano 1 ml
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine 60 ml
- 3/4 lb small shrimp peeled, 340 g
- 1/2 lb crab meat picked over, 225 g
- 9 lasagna noodle sheets cooked
- 1 cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese 250 ml
1. Blend the cream cheese and ricotta together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the mozzarella, green onions, and parsley, and set aside.
2. Heat the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat and cook the flour for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the oregano, salt, pepper, wine, shrimp, and crab meat. Lay 3 noodles side by side in a 9×13-inch (23×33 cm) greased baking dish.
4. Top with one third of the cream cheese mixture and one third of the seafood sauce (it won’t cover completely). Repeat twice and top with the parmesan cheese.
5. Bake uncovered in a preheated 350F (180C) oven until bubbly, about 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. .