The easiest, simplest, and BEST way to roast vegetables – perfectly tender and packed with so much flavor!
I had a bunch of lingering veggies in the fridge from various things I had made earlier in the week, so I decided to make my own roasted veggies.
A basic fridge cleaning type meal!
– 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
– 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
– 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 medium broccoli crown, cut into small florets (reserve stem for another use)
– 2 medium bell peppers cored, chopped into 1-inch pieces (I used 1 red 1 yellow)
– 1 c grape tomatoes (optional)
– 1 small zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced through the length then cut into 1/2-inch pieces
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How To Make Roasted Vegetables :
1- Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F. On a 13-inch baking sheet with a rim, add bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, and red onion.Drizzle olive oil on top of the mixed veggies.
2- Sprinkle Italian seasoning, pepper, garlic, and salt.
3- Toss everything until well blended.
4- Move the mixed veggies inside the preheated oven and roast for about 15 minutes.
5- Remove from the oven, then add the tomatoes and toss until well mixed.
6- Put it back inside the oven and roast for another 10 minutes.
7- Remove from the oven and drizzle lemon on top of the mixed veggies.
Serve right away and hope you like it!