Shrimp scampi Cajun
Cajun shrimp scampi is a quick and easy meal that’s loaded with flavor! You can serve it with crusty Italian bread, pasta, or rice.
I love classic shrimp scampi but this Cajun shrimp scampi is so much more flavorful. It’s spicy, garlicky, and perfectly seasoned.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s super versatile, you can add spinach, bell peppers, onions, etc.
- Omit the pasta and you have a low crab and keto-friendly meal.
- Perfect for date night or a special occasion.
- Cooks in under 30 minutes!
• 12 raw shrimps (as many as you’d like, I like having a lot in my pasta)
• 1 serving of pasta (preferably a linguine)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tbs. butter
• 1/2 c. heavy cream shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1/8 tsp. basil
• salt and pepper to taste flour (to thicken)
• Cajun seasoning
• 1/4 c. parsley
• olive oil
Heat a saucepan on medium-high heat.
Add the butter, a drizzle of olive oil and bring to a boil.
Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the shrimps. Next, season the shrimps with the Cajun seasoning., be generous (to your liking)!
When the shrimps are pink on one side, flip them and cook for another minute and remove them from the pan, leaving the liquid.
Add the heavy cream, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil and whisk in sprinkles of flour until sauce thickens.
Lower heat to medium-low and add shrimp again. Toss shrimp to coat with sauce, and serve over pasta. Topping with Parmesan cheese.