Black Bean Chopped Salad
Chopped Salad With Black Beans There are endless versions of this basic recipe – that’s because it’s a total crowd pleaser! (Tip: double the recipe because this stuff disappears fast!) Chopped black bean salads or salsa recipes are EXTREMELY flexible and completely interchangeable to suit your tastes!
Drop YOUR favorite tips and additions below in the comments.
- Dice all the tomatoes you have on hand.
- Use diced green onions or red onions.
- Use bell peppers of any color. – Cilantro OR any other herb like parsley works great too.
- Jalapeno OR red pepper.
- The warmth is personal. Add more or less jalapeño depending on YOUR taste.
- Black beans, OR any bean of your choice.
- Garlic, no garlic, OR use chopped shallot.
- Fresh lemon OR lemon juice. Sooooo… Have fun here and gear it towards YOUR preferences while using whatever you have on hand. This makes an EXCELLENT party dip with good quality organic corn chips (Jackson’s Honest & Siete are my current favorites!), a tasty side dish, or just a spoonful on your grilled chicken and fish!
1 x 14.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
3 garden cucumbers, diced
1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 large red onion, diced
1 large avocado, diced
1 or 2 jalapeños (depending on your heat preference), seeded and minced
4 Tbsps olive oil
3 Tbsps freshly squeezed lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon each
small bunch of fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
Add all of your dressing ingredients to a small jar and shake vigorously to combine, or whisk ingredients really well in a small bowl.
In a large serving bowl, add all of your prepared veggies and remaining ingredients.
Drizzle your dressing over all the ingredients and gently toss to combine. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
How you went with my recipes?
Don’t forget to leave a comment below!