Cajun shrimp and steak
Pan seared steak in a creamy cajun shrimp sauce! Surf n turf at it’s best! I always enjoy steak for Valentine’s Day and things only get better when you add some seafood (surf and turf) like in this steak in creamy cajun shrimp sauce.
This recipe is so easy to make! You pretty much just season the steaks in cajun seasoning (I like to make my own to control the amount of salt in it), sear them and set them aside before starting on the shrimp sauce in the same pan.
The shrimp sauce is a simple butter, garlic and cream based sauce along with the shrimp and more cajun seasoning that is finished off with parmesan cheese; basically a cajun take on an alfredo sauce! Once everything is done you serve the steaks smothered in the creamy cajun shrimp sauce and enjoy!
• 45 ml (3 tsp) basil oil
• 10 ml (2 teaspoons) Cajun seasoning
• 1 lb (454 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 1 large green or red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
• 60 g (12 cups) Andouille or chorizo sausage, chopped
• 1 clove minced garlic
• 1 chopped tomato (about 250 ml/1 cup)
• 250 ml (1 cup) milk
• 1 Pack Knorr Sidekicks Fettuccine Alfredo
• In a medium bowl, mix 30ml (2 tablespoons) Becel® Oil and Cajun seasoning. Add chicken and pepper. Toss to coat.
• Roast or grill, flipping once, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are cooked through, about 6 minutes. Cut vegetables and chicken into slices. Reservation and heating.
• Heat remaining 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook sausage, stirring frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes.
• Adding garlic & cooking, stir constantly, to fragrant, 30 sec.
• Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 2 minutes.
• In the same saucepan, add 175 ml (3/4 cup) of water and milk and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Knorr Sidekicks Fettuccine Alfredo and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat to medium and leave covered, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes, until the pasta is cooked.
• Serve chicken and pepper with pasta.
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.