Chicken and mushroom pasta bake
A creamy chicken and mushroom pasta bake made all the speedier by using a ready-roast chicken.
We love it, and you will too.
Take a look at our chicken parmigiana bake too, made with breaded chicken and a garlicky tomato sauce.
For the ultimate comfort food, you can’t go past this cheesy chicken and mushroom pasta bake
• 375 g rigatoni pasta
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 3 cm pieces
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 500 g butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into 3 cm pieces
• 200 g white cup mushrooms, sliced
• 300 ml pure cream
• 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
• 1 tbsp sage leaves, shredded
• 1 cup (120 g) Coles Australian Shredded tasty cheese
• Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, preheat a grill on medium.
Heat the oil in a large deep ovenproof frying pan over medium heat.
Cook the chicken, in two batches, for 5 mins or lightly browned and just cooked through.
Add the onion, garlic and pumpkin to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion is tender.
Return the chicken to the pan with the mushroom and cook, stirring for 2 mins.
Combine the chicken stock cube with 1/2 cup (125 ml) water.
Add the cream and stock mixture to the pan. Bring to the boil.
Add the pasta and sage to pan and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Place under the preheated grill for 3-5 mins or until the cheese melts and is golden brown.
Serve the pasta bake with the mixed salad leaves.