Coconut Cream Pie
This Coconut Cream Pie recipe features a thick, creamy coconut filling, a crunchy homemade pie crust, mounds of sweet whipped cream, and toasted coconut.
The pie crust is first baked blindly, then the pie filling is refrigerated until dense and green.
It might be helpful to check out my tutorial on how to make a blind bread crust before getting started
Looking at my adoration for coconut cake, you know I fall into the first category. And if you’re reading this, I assume you are, too. Obviously this is what you have to do next!!
If you’re not into the coconut gang, you should probably skip this one. But coconut cream pie isn’t *only* for coconut lovers.
If you appreciate thick, creamy pancakes, a fluffy pie crust, and all that fresh (not store-bought!) whipped cream has to offer, you’ll enjoy every fork.
Despite their similarities, Coconut Custard Pie and Coconut Cream Pie are completely different desserts (and I love them both).
The biggest difference is that the custard pie has a baked filling, while the cream pie does not.
Coconut custard pie made with eggs and milk/creamy custard that hardens and thickens in the oven.
●1 c milk
●1 c sweetened, flaked coconut
●1 c light cream
●1/2 c sugar
●2 Tbsp corn starch
●2 eggs, separated
●1 tsp vanilla
●1 pie crust.
●8 oz whipped cream
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Bake pie crust according to directions on package and cool completely.
2. Place milk and light cream in a double boiler. Add sugar and bring to a boil.
3. Add 2 Tbsp. cold water to corn starch. Stir well.
4. In a bowl beat egg yolks until they are light. Add the corn starch mixture to the yolks. Mix well.
5. Add egg mixture to the milk mixture in the double boiler.
6. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and coconut. Stir. Let stand 30 minutes.
8. Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes or until set.
9. Remove plastic wrap. Cover with whipped cream.
➤That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
➤‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
➤DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
➤How you went with my recipes?
➤Don’t forget to leave a comment below!