Lemon Dijon Chicken Skillet: A Quick and Easy Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s full of flavor, then Lemon Dijon Chicken Skillet is the perfect recipe for you. With just a few simple ingredients and a skillet, you can have a delicious meal ready in under 30 minutes.
● 3 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness (4 average to good-sized breasts)
● 1 to 2 teaspoons 21 Salute Seasoning (or poultry seasoning)
● 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
● 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
● 1/2 cup white wine* or chicken broth, or as necessary
● 1/4 to 1/3 cup Dijon mustard (use more if you want extra sauce)
● 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
● 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
● 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, optional and to taste
● lemon slices, optional for garnishing
● 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
To a large skillet, add the olive oil, pounded chicken, evenly season with 21 Salute, salt, pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Do not touch, move, or disturb the chicken while it is searing. After 5 minutes, flip chicken over. It should have a medium golden color. For thicker/bigger chicken breasts, sear for 6-7 minutes.
Allow chicken to cook on the second side for about 5 minutes, or until done and cooked through. Again, do not disturb the chicken while it’s searing.
Remove chicken with a slotted spatula and place it on a plate to rest.
Using caution, deglaze your skillet by adding wine (or broth) and allow the liquid to bubble up and steam violently for a few seconds.
Add the Dijon mustard, butter, lemon juice, and allow the butter to melt, about 1 minute; stir continuously until melted and the sauce has combined.
Turn the heat off, taste the sauce, and if you want it a bit sweeter, optionally add honey, to taste, and stir to combine.
Add the chicken back into the skillet, flip it around in the lemon butter sauce, and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
Optionally garnish with lemon slices, parsley, and serve immediately.
1- If you don’t have white wine on hand, you can substitute with chicken broth.
2- If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can mix together 1 tbsp of cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water and add it to the skillet during step 8.
3- You can serve Lemon Dijon Chicken Skillet with a side of rice, pasta, or roasted vegetables.
Lemon Dijon Chicken Skillet is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal. With its tangy and savory flavors, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. So, give it a try and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal in no time!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPES?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!