Pizza Dip Recipe: The Perfect Appetizer for Any Occasion
Pizza is a beloved food around the world, and for good reason. It’s delicious, satisfying, and versatile. But have you ever considered turning your favorite pizza toppings into a dip? If not, you’re missing out on one of the best appetizers around. This pizza dip recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor. It’s perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a party, having a game night, or just craving some deliciousness.
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Sour Cream, can sub mayo
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Basil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more for topping
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 1 ¼ cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 15 slices Pepperoni
- Crusty Bread, for serving
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes.
Ideally, the sour cream shouldn’t be cold when it goes into the oven to maintain a smooth consistency.
Spread on the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate, baking pan, or cast iron skillet.
Spread 1 cup of marinara sauce on top, then add the Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.
Add pepperoni or desired pizza toppings.
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until the top begins to brown.
Optional: Garnish with additional red pepper flakes, freshly ground pepper, and roughly chopped parsley.
Serve with crusty bread, pita/tortilla/bagel chips, or vegetables.
— Pro Tips:
- For a spicy kick, add some diced jalapeños or red pepper flakes to the dip.
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened before mixing it with the sour cream. This will ensure a smooth and creamy texture.
- Use your favorite pizza sauce for this recipe, whether it’s homemade or store-bought.
- You can substitute the pepperoni for any other pizza topping you like, such as sausage, mushrooms, or bell peppers.
- If you’re serving this dip at a party, you can double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
— Nutrition Information:
This pizza dip recipe is a crowd-pleaser, but it’s also surprisingly nutritious. Here’s the approximate nutritional breakdown for one serving (1/4 of the recipe):
Total fat: 24g
Saturated fat: 12g
Total carbohydrates: 8g
Dietary fiber: 1g
As you can see, this pizza dip recipe is a good source of protein, and it’s relatively low in carbohydrates. However, it’s also high in fat and sodium, so it’s best enjoyed in moderation. If you’re looking to reduce the fat content, you could use low-fat cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. You could also serve the dip with fresh vegetables instead of chips or bread.
If you’re looking for a fun and easy appetizer for your next party or gathering, give this pizza dip recipe a try. It’s delicious, nutritious, and sure to be a hit with your guests. Whether you serve it with chips, bread, or vegetables, this pizza dip is a perfect way to enjoy all the flavors of pizza in a new and exciting way.
Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
How you went with my recipes?
Don’t forget to leave a comment below!