Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe: Creamy and Delicious
Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a classic Italian dish that is loved by people of all ages. It is a rich and creamy pasta dish that is perfect for a cozy dinner with friends and family. This recipe is easy to make and can be prepared in under 30 minutes. Let’s get started with the ingredients and directions.
— Ingredients Needed :
- 1 large boneless/skinless chicken breast, (or 2 small.) About ¾-1 lb.
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, high quality
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half and half, (half cream/half milk)
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ lb. Fettuccine, see notes
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
— How To Make IT :
Measure out ingredients before beginning, then begin heating a pot of salted water for the pasta.
Cut the chicken in half lengthwise to create 2-3 thinner slices. Pat dry and season each side with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Sear on each side for about 4-5 minutes, until a golden crust has developed. Set aside and let it rest for 10 minutes, then cut into strips.
Leave most of the chicken remnants (“fond”) in the pan, but wipe away any black spots if there are any.
Boil the pasta according to package instructions, then drain. Prepare the sauce while the pasta boils.
Melt the butter in in the same skillet that you used to cook the chicken over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
Add the half and half in small splashes, stirring continuously.
Bring to a gentle bubble, then reduce heat to low. Let it simmer while the pasta finishes cooking. The water from the liquid will slowly evaporate which will make the sauce thicker. Stir it occasionally.
Slowly stir the grated cheese into the sauce. (*Be sure to do this over low heat.*) Taste and season with salt/pepper if desired.
Add the drained pasta and toss until well incorporated. The pasta will absorb the sauce and it will continue to thicken.
Add the chicken back and toss. Allow it to heat back through, 1-2 minutes.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
— Nutrition Information:
This recipe yields 4 servings. Each serving contains approximately:
34g saturated fat
- To make this dish lighter, you can use low-fat milk or half-and-half instead of heavy cream. However, the sauce will not be as creamy.
- You can also add vegetables such as broccoli or mushrooms to the dish for extra nutrition and flavor.
- This dish is high in calories and saturated fat, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.
In conclusion, Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a classic recipe that’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters. With its creamy sauce and tender chicken, it’s the perfect comfort food for any occasion. So why not give it a try tonight and see for yourself how delicious it can be?
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how it turned out!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe below and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!