Creamy Beef and Shells Recipe: A Hearty and Delicious Dish
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can match the satisfying taste and texture of creamy beef and shells. This recipe is perfect for those days when you crave a hearty and delicious meal that will warm you up from the inside out. Whether you are cooking for your family or hosting a dinner party, this dish is sure to impress everyone at the table. Here is everything you need to know to make the perfect creamy beef and shells recipe.
➔ INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- 1 lb. ground beef, 85% lean
- 1 small diced yellow onion, can sub 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves minced garlic, can sub ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 3 Tablespoons flour, optional-helps thicken the sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- ½ cups half and half
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ pound medium shell pasta
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving.
➔ HOW TO MAKE IT :
Shred the cheese and measure out all ingredients prior to beginning. Begin heating the pasta water for boiling.
Cook and crumble the ground beef over medium-high heat.
Add onions halfway through and cook until softened. Drain any grease.
Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add 1 tsp hot sauce, 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, ½ tsp mustard powder, 1 pinch of red pepper flakes, and 3 TBS flour. Cook for one minute.
Add the beef broth and use a silicone spatula to ‘clean’ the bottom of the pot.
Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and softened cream cheese. Let the sauce simmer while you boil the shells for 7-8 minutes or as instructed on package. (Optional, add a few teaspoons of kosher salt to the boiling water.)
Decrease heat to low. Stir in the half and half.
Remove from heat and gradually stir in the shredded cheese until well-combined.
Add the drained pasta shells and stir to combine.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with garlic bread with cheese and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
➔ Nutrition Information:
This recipe makes approximately 6 servings. Each serving contains:
Saturated Fat: 25g
- For a lighter version of this dish, you can substitute ground turkey or chicken for the beef, and use low-fat or skim milk instead of heavy cream.
- If you prefer a spicier dish, you can add a pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the sauce.
- This dish is best served immediately, as the sauce may thicken upon standing.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of milk or broth to loosen the sauce.
Your Creamy Beef and Shells is now ready to serve! Garnish with chopped parsley or grated Parmesan cheese for added flavor and presentation.
This dish is perfect for a family dinner, potluck, or any occasion where you want to impress your guests with a delicious and comforting meal. The combination of pasta, beef, and creamy cheese sauce is simply irresistible. It is also a great way to use up leftover ground beef or pasta shells. You can also make it ahead of time and reheat it when you are ready to serve. The leftovers are just as delicious as the first serving.
In conclusion, Creamy Beef and Shells is an easy and satisfying recipe that you can make any time of the week. With simple ingredients and easy steps, you can have a delicious meal that your family and friends will love. So, go ahead and try this recipe today, and enjoy the delicious flavors that it has to offer!
This is an easy one and oh so good.
Try it out and don’t forget to RATE and COMMENT below!