Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe: An Easy and Delicious Meal for Any Occasion
Chicken drumsticks are a popular choice for many families, as they are flavorful, budget-friendly, and easy to prepare. However, the traditional method of frying them can be a bit unhealthy and time-consuming. Fortunately, there is a healthier and easier alternative that will satisfy your taste buds and provide a crispy texture: baking them in the oven. In this article, we will share with you a recipe for crispy baked chicken drumsticks that are sure to become a staple in your household.
➤ To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
▢12 chicken drumsticks
▢2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
▢3 tsp garlic powder
▢3 tsp onion powder
▢5 tsp smoked paprika
▢2 tsp black pepper
▢1 1/2 tsp cooking/kosher salt
▢4 1/2 tbsp plain/all-purpose flour
▢3 tsp baking powder (makes them crispier, DO NOT confuse with baking soda / bicarb)
➤ HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F (180°C fan-forced). Line a tray with foil then place a rack on the tray (makes the underside of the drumsticks crispier).
- Seasoning: Mix the Seasoning ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Coat in oil: Toss the drumsticks in the olive oil. Stretch and pull the skin on each drumsticks to cover as much of the flesh as possible.
- Coat in seasoning: Coat a drumstick in the Seasoning then shake the excess off well. Place on the rack. Repeat with remaining drumsticks.
- Spray with oil: Spray the legs generously with oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through. Increase the oven to 220°C / 430°F (200°C fan) then bake for a further 15 minutes or until the skin is crispy. Enjoy!
➤ Nutrition Information:
This recipe serves 4 people and each serving contains approximately:
- To make this recipe healthier, you can use skinless chicken drumsticks instead of skin-on chicken drumsticks. This will reduce the fat content of the dish.
- You can also add some vegetables to the baking sheet, such as chopped carrots, potatoes, or Brussels sprouts, to make this a complete meal.
- For an extra crunch, you can coat the chicken drumsticks with breadcrumbs or panko before baking them.
- Make sure the chicken drumsticks are cooked through before serving. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C).
In conclusion, crispy baked chicken drumsticks are a simple yet delicious meal that can be enjoyed any time of the day. With a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can make a healthy and satisfying meal for yourself and your loved ones. So go ahead and try this recipe today!
Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!