Hershey’s Chocolate Cheesecake Cake Recipe: A Decadent and Rich Dessert
Who doesn’t love a delicious chocolate cake? And when you combine it with cheesecake, it becomes a heavenly treat that everyone will love. Hershey’s Chocolate Cheesecake Cake is a perfect dessert for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday party, holiday gathering, or just a sweet ending to a perfect meal.
This recipe is not only easy to follow but also requires simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. The combination of chocolate cake and creamy cheesecake is a match made in heaven, and the addition of Hershey’s cocoa powder takes this recipe to the next level.
➤ You’ll need :
For Chocolate Cheesecake:
- 16 oz. cream cheese-softened at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs-slightly beaten with a fork
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup sour cream- room temperature
- 5 oz. milk chocolate-melted
For Chocolate Cake:
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup+ 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk (or more if needed)
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- About 2 cups chocolate chips for garnish
➤ Step-by-Step Guide to Making it :
To make the cheesecake:
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Spray 8.5 inch springform pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Then wrap the springform pan in 2 layers of aluminum foil to make sure no water leaks in when you place it in water bath later.
- First, mix softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract just to combine. Then, add slightly beaten eggs and mix on low speed just to combine, do not overmix it. Fold in sour cream. Finally, fold in melted chocolate. Pour in prepared springform pan and smooth the top.
- Place springform pan in larger roasting pan and filled with hot water halfway through. Bake 40-50 minutes until the edges has set and the center is just barely jiggly, but firm to touch.
- Lift springform pan from water bath and place it on the counter to cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
To make the Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease two 8.5 inch round cake pan, line the bottom with parchment paper, grease the paper an flour the pan.
- In a bowl stir together dry ingredients: sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and oil and mix on medium speed for two minutes. Pour in boiling water and mix just to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly between the pans and bake 20-25 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs attached. Cool the cake in the pans for 10-15 minutes, then invert on rack to cool completely.
- When the cakes are cooled, and the cheesecake has firmed, make the frosting.
- Stir together melted butter and cocoa powder. Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and mix until smooth. If the frosting is too thick add additional tablespoon of milk at the time, and if it’s to thin add powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency.
- To assemble the cake:
- First place one cake layer onto serving plate and spread thin layer of frosting.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge, remove the foil from springform pan, then remove the ring from springform pan. Run a thin metal spatula under the cheesecake to remove it from the bottom and transfer the cheesecake onto a serving plate (or simply invert he cheesecake onto cake layer and lift the bottom of the pan and peel off baking paper).
- Top cheesecake with thin layer of frosting, too.
- Place second chocolate cake layer. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of the cake to cover completely.
- Finally, garnish the sides with chocolate chips. Store the cake in the fridge.
Make sure to use softened cream cheese for the cheesecake filling. This will ensure a smooth and creamy texture.
You can use either regular or unsweetened cocoa powder for the chocolate cake. However, using Hershey’s cocoa powder will give you the best results.
This cake needs to be chilled for at least 4 hours before serving. This will help the cheesecake filling set and make it easier to cut.
You can also decorate the cake with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or fresh fruit to make it even more delicious.
— In conclusion, Hershey’s Chocolate Cheesecake Cake is a mouth-watering dessert that is sure to impress any chocolate lover. It is rich, creamy, and has the perfect balance of chocolate and cheesecake flavors. With its easy-to-follow recipe and simple ingredients, you can easily make this dessert at home and enjoy it with your loved ones. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try and indulge in a slice of heaven!
This is an easy one and oh so good.
Try it out and don’t forget to RATE and COMMENT below!