Creamy Garlic Shrimp Recipe: A Delicious Seafood Dish That’s Easy to Make
If you’re a fan of seafood, then you’ll definitely love this creamy garlic shrimp recipe. This dish is easy to make and is perfect for any occasion. The creamy garlic sauce complements the shrimp perfectly, making this a dish that you’ll want to make again and again.
- 1 lb. shrimp, see notes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine, see notes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
Prepare the Shrimp:
Measure out ingredients before beginning. Thaw the shrimp completely and pat the surface dry.
You may also need to remove the shell, tail, and veins.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 1 minute + 20 seconds per side. (Use a timer to avoid overcooking).
Tilt the pan to transfer the shrimp onto a clean plate. Note that they’ll cook a little bit more as they sit, and again when added back to the sauce.
Make the Sauce :
Add the wine and garlic to the same skillet over medium heat. Bring it to a gentle bubble and let it reduce for 3-4 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
Add the chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and mustard powder. Bring to a gentle boil and let it simmer for 6-7 minutes or so to thicken and concentrate the flavor. Reduce heat to low.
Stir in the heavy cream, then stir in the Parmesan cheese until incorporated.
Add the shrimp back to the skillet and let it heat through for 30 seconds.
Add cold butter and tilt the pan to swirl the butter throughout the sauce until melted.
Remove from heat and add the lemon juice.
Garnish with parsley and serve! (See notes for pairing suggestions.)
➔ Nutrition Information:
This creamy garlic shrimp recipe serves 4 and contains approximately 375 calories per serving. It’s high in protein, with approximately 25 grams per serving, and is also a good source of calcium and vitamin A.
➔ Pro Tips:
- Use fresh garlic for the best flavor. If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder as a substitute.
- Make sure to use heavy cream rather than half-and-half for a creamier and richer sauce.
- To make this dish even more nutritious, add some vegetables to the skillet such as spinach or mushrooms.
- If you’re short on time, you can use pre-cooked shrimp instead of raw shrimp. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- To make this dish even more indulgent, serve it with some crusty bread or over pasta.
Creamy garlic shrimp is a delicious and nutritious meal that’s perfect for any occasion. With just a few simple ingredients and some pro tips, you can create a restaurant-quality dish right in your own kitchen. Whether you’re serving it for dinner or as an appetizer, this recipe is sure to impress. Give it a try and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how it turned out!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe below and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!