Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Recipe: A Classic and Delicious Dish
Ham is a classic dish that is perfect for special occasions, holidays, or simply a delicious meal any day of the week. A ham glazed with brown sugar is an easy and flavorful way to add sweetness and depth to the meat. In this article, we will provide a recipe for a delicious Brown Sugar Glazed Ham that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
— Ingredients Needed :
▢14-16 pound bone-in ham
▢3 cups water
▢1 cup brown sugar
▢½ cup honey
▢⅓ cup Dijon mustard
▢¼ cup unsalted butter (½ stick)
▢¼ cup apple cider vinegar
▢3 cloves garlic minced
▢¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
▢¼ teaspoon ground ginger
— How to make this delicious recipe:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place the ham on a cutting board. Score the ham by using a sharp knife to cut parallel lines about ½-inch deep and 1 inch apart across the entire ham.
- Turn the ham, and then repeat this process, cutting lines across the previous lines to create small diamond shapes.
- 14-16 pound bone-in ham
- Place the ham, flat side down, in a roasting pan. Pour 3 cups of water into the pan. Cover with foil. The ham should cook for about 12 minutes per pound.3 cups water
- After 1 hour, prepare the glaze. Add the brown sugar, honey, dijon mustard, butter, apple cider vinegar, garlic, cinnamon, and ginger to a saucepan over medium heat. Once it starts bubbling, turn down the heat to low and continue cooking for a couple more minutes. The glaze may seem runny at first, but that’s okay. It will thicken up as it sits.
1 cup brown sugar,½ cup honey,⅓ cup Dijon mustard,¼ cup unsalted butter,¼ cup apple cider vinegar,3 cloves garlic,¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon,¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Remove the ham from the oven and spread ⅓ of the glaze over the ham and return to the oven without the foil. Continue cooking for another hour.
- Remove the ham from the oven again, and spread another ⅓ of the glaze over the ham. Cook for the remaining time based the weight of your ham.
- Remove the ham from the oven and spread the remaining glaze over the ham.
- Let the ham rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
— Becky’s Tips:
Becky is an experienced home cook who has made this recipe many times. Here are her tips for making the perfect Brown Sugar Glazed Ham:
- Choose a ham with the bone-in for the best flavor and texture.
- If your ham comes with a pre-made glaze packet, discard it and make your own glaze using the ingredients listed in this recipe.
- Don’t be afraid to adjust the glaze ingredients to your taste. If you prefer a sweeter glaze, add more honey or brown sugar. If you prefer a tangier glaze, add more dijon mustard or apple cider vinegar.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the ham reaches the proper internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Leftover ham can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months. To reheat, wrap the ham in foil and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until heated through.
— Nutrition Information:
This recipe makes 12-16 servings, depending on the size of your ham. Here is the approximate nutrition information per serving:
Overall, a Brown Sugar Glazed Ham is a delicious and easy holiday meal that’s sure to impress your guests. With a few simple ingredients and some helpful tips from Becky, you can make a ham that’s tender, flavorful, and perfectly glazed. So, give it a try this holiday season and enjoy!
➤That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
➤‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
➤DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
➤How you went with my recipes?
➤Don’t forget to leave a comment below!