Carne Asada Fries: A Delicious and Hearty Mexican-Inspired Dish
If you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine, you’ve likely come across the mouthwatering dish of Carne Asada Fries. This hearty and flavorful dish combines crispy French fries, juicy and tender marinated steak, and a medley of delicious toppings to create a meal that is sure to satisfy any appetite. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the ingredients and steps necessary to prepare this delicious dish at home.
➤ To Make This Recipe, You Will Need The Following Ingrédients :
For the Carne Asada:
▢¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce (see note)
▢¼ cup fresh lime juice (from about 3 limes)
▢2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (from ½ orange)
▢¼ cup canola oil
▢1½ tablespoons dark brown sugar
▢1 clove garlic minced
▢½ teaspoon ground cumin
▢½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
▢Kosher salt to taste
▢1 pound skirt steak trimmed
For the Fries:
▢26 ounces frozen french fries (1 bag)
▢2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
▢1 roma tomato diced
▢1-2 jalapeños sliced
▢¼ red onion chopped
▢½ cup sour cream
➤ Step-by-Step Guide to Making it :
- In a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce, lime juice, orange juice, canola oil, brown sugar, minced garlic, cumin, and black pepper together. Season to taste with salt.
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce,¼ cup fresh lime juice,2 tablespoons fresh orange juice,¼ cup canola oil,1½ tablespoons dark brown sugar,1 clove garlic,½ teaspoon ground cumin,½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,Kosher salt
- Transfer the steaks to a gallon-sized Ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the steak. Squeeze out excess air from the bag and seal it. Massage the marinade over the meat until the meat is fully coated. Refrigerate for 2-10 hours, flipping the bag over often.
- 1 pound skirt steak
- When ready to cook, remove the meat from the fridge 15-30 minutes before using. Before cooking the meat, wipe off the excess marinade with paper towels.
- Brush 1 teaspoon of canola oil over the skillet and heat it over medium-high heat until the pan is sizzling hot. Carefully place the steak in the pan and cook for a total of 6-8 minutes, or until you get a gorgeous char on both sides. Flip the meat over after 3 minutes or when the beef releases from the pan and cook the other side for about 3 minutes. The internal temperature should read 128-130°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steak against the grain into strips. Set aside.
- Arrange the frozen fries on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake according to the package directions, about 10-15 minutes.
- 26 ounces frozen french fries
- Once baked, top the fries with the cheese and bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted. Top with carne asada, tomato, jalapeño, and sour cream.
- 2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese,1 roma tomato,1-2 jalapeños,¼ red onion,½ cup sour cream
- For a more tender and flavorful steak, marinate it in lime juice, olive oil, and garlic for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- You can also add sliced jalapeños or hot sauce for an extra kick of heat.
- If you want to make this recipe even quicker, you can use pre-cooked steak strips instead of grilling the flank steak.
Carne Asada Fries are best served fresh and hot. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, place the fries in the oven at 350°F until heated through, about 10-15 minutes.
This recipe makes 4 servings, and each serving contains approximately:
Carne Asada Fries are a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the flavors of Mexican and American cuisine. With this easy recipe, you can make this delicious dish in no time. Whether you’re cooking for your family or hosting a party, this recipe is sure to be a hit. With Becky’s tips, you can make the best Carne Asada Fries that your family and friends will love. So give this recipe a try and enjoy the flavors of this delicious dish!
➤‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!