Creamy Tomato Pasta Recipe: An Easy and Delicious Dish
Are you in the mood for a comforting and flavorful pasta dish that can be made in no time? Then look no further than this creamy tomato pasta recipe. It’s a simple yet satisfying dish that is perfect for busy weeknights, yet elegant enough for a weekend dinner party. Plus, it’s vegetarian and can easily be made vegan.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 oz. softened cream cheese, equal to 1/4 cup.
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. thin spaghetti, see notes*
Measure and set out all ingredients prior to cooking. Begin boiling salted pasta water for the spaghetti.
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the undrained diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and tomato paste. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low. Cut the cream cheese into smaller squares and whisk it into the sauce.
Whisk in half of the Parmesan cheese.
Let the sauce simmer on low, uncovered, while you boil the pasta according to package instructions.
Keep an eye on the sauce, stir it occasionally, and cover it if it reaches your desired level of thickness.
Once the pasta is done, drain it and stir it into the sauce.
Serve alongside the remaining Parmesan cheese.
➔ Pro Tips:
- Use high-quality ingredients. The flavor of the dish depends heavily on the quality of the tomatoes and cream, so it’s worth investing in the best you can find.
- Don’t overcook the pasta. Overcooked pasta will turn mushy and ruin the texture of the dish. Be sure to cook the pasta until al dente and not a minute longer.
- Add a kick of spice. If you like your pasta with a bit of heat, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sauce.
- Experiment with different types of pasta. This recipe works well with a variety of pasta shapes, so feel free to use your favorite.
➔ Nutrition Information:
This recipe yields approximately 6 servings. The following nutrition information is based on a serving size of 1/6 of the recipe.
Total Fat: 21g
Saturated Fat: 11g
Total Carbohydrates: 56g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Creamy tomato pasta is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family. With the addition of fresh herbs, Parmesan cheese, or even some vegetables, you can make this recipe your own. We hope you enjoy making and eating this creamy tomato pasta as much as we do!
➤That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
➤‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
➤DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
➤How you went with my recipes?
➤Don’t forget to leave a comment below!