Chocolate Peppermint Lasagna Recipe: An Easy-to-Make Dessert with a Festive Twist
If you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert to impress your guests, look no further than Chocolate Peppermint Lasagna. This dessert is perfect for any occasion, from holiday parties to birthday celebrations, and it’s easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
This delicious dessert combines layers of chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and crushed Oreos with a refreshing peppermint twist. The result is a decadent and creamy dessert that’s sure to please any chocolate lover.
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-melted
Peppermint Cheesecake Layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-softened
- 12 oz. brisk style cream cheese-room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups stabilized whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- 2 x 3.9 oz. packages instant chocolate pudding
- 2 3/4 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
In a food processor, ground whole Oreo cookies with the filling, add melted butter, whisk with the fork until evenly moistened and press into the bottom of 9 x 13 inches dish. Place in the fridge or freezer.
Unwrap candy canes, place them in a zip-lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin onto coarse pieces.
Beat softened butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla and peppermint extract until smooth. Mix in whipped topping.
Scrape down the bottom of the bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is smooth. Finally mix in candy cane pieces.
The mixture will get light pink colour from candy canes. If you want more intense colour add a few drops of red or pink food colour.
Spread the mixture over chilled crust and place back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
Whisk two packages of 3.9 oz. instant chocolate pudding with 2 ¾ cups milk until it starts to thicken, then spread over the peppermint cheesecake layer.
Place in the fridge until the pudding has set, then spread 3 cups of whipped topping over the pudding layer.
Chill at least 5 hours before serving, or preferably overnight.
Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top just before serving, because they might melt if stays too long onto whipped cream
Store in the fridge.
➔ Pro Tips:
- Use high-quality ingredients to make this dessert taste even better. Choose the best chocolate and peppermint extract you can find.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before using it. This will help it blend more easily and create a smoother texture.
- Don’t overmix the cream cheese mixture, or it could become too runny.
- Be patient and let the dessert chill for at least 2 hours before serving. This will help it set and make it easier to cut into pieces.
- Crush the candy canes or peppermint candies finely so they don’t overpower the other flavors.
- Serve the Chocolate Peppermint Lasagna with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of cocoa powder for extra pizzazz.
The Chocolate Peppermint Lasagna is an easy-to-make and festive dessert that will impress your guests and satisfy your cravings for something sweet. With a cookie crust, a creamy layer of cream cheese, and a rich chocolate pudding filling flavored with peppermint extract, this dessert is perfect for the holiday season. Use these pro tips to make it even more delicious and enjoyable.
That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes.
You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.