Mexican Stuffed Peppers are a delicious and satisfying dish that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. These stuffed peppers are packed with flavor and are sure to impress your guests. The combination of tender bell peppers, savory ground beef, and flavorful spices creates a mouthwatering meal that will leave everyone wanting more.
— Ingredients Needed :
▢4 large bell peppers
▢1 lb lean ground beef
▢1 ounce taco seasoning Click for Homemade Recipe!
▢1/2 onion diced
▢1 can chopped green chiles 4.5 ounce can
▢1/4 cup Red Enchilada Sauce Medium
▢2 cups Mexican blend cheese shredded
▢That AWESOME beef crumbling spatula!
— How to make the best Mexican Stuffed Peppers :
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil (we love REYNOLDS!) and set aside.
In a medium skillet, heat ground beef over medium high heat, crumbling as you cook. If there is extra oil after your beef is fully cooked, drain and return to the heat.
Stir in the taco seasoning and stir until well coated. Toss in the onions and allow to cook with the beef.
When beef is almost cooked through and onions begin to become transluescent, stir in the green chiles and enchilada sauce. Turn off heat. Set aside.
Cut the top off each pepper and hollow out the inside; removing ribs and seeds. Place each pepper on the baking sheet.
To stuff each pepper, start with several spoonfuls beef, then half cup cheese, then fill nearly to the top with beef.
Top with another 1/2 cup cheese (depending on size of the pepper, 1/4 cup cheese would be enough.
Whatever covers the top to your liking), and place the top back on the pepper. Repeat with remaining peppers.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melty.
Serve immediately with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
- For a vegetarian version, you can substitute the ground beef with cooked quinoa or lentils.
- For a spicier version, add a diced jalapeno pepper or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the beef and rice mixture.
- For a milder version, omit the chili powder and paprika and add a teaspoon of dried oregano instead.
— Pro Tips:
- Choose large bell peppers that are firm and have a uniform shape. This will ensure that the peppers cook evenly and hold their shape during baking.
- Cook the rice in advance and let it cool before adding it to the filling. This will prevent the filling from becoming too moist and soggy.
- Use high-quality ground beef with a fat content of 80/20 or higher. This will ensure that the filling is juicy and flavorful.
- To save time, you can prepare the filling in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Then, when ready to cook, stuff the peppers and bake as directed.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers are a versatile and delicious dish that can be served as a main course or as a side dish. They are perfect for any occasion and are sure to please everyone. So next time you are looking for a tasty and satisfying meal, give these stuffed peppers a try. You won’t be disappointed!
That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes.
You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.