Lamb Koftas with Yoghurt Dressing: A Delicious and Nutritious Recipe
If you are looking for a new and exciting recipe to add to your weekly meal plan, look no further than Lamb Koftas with Yoghurt Dressing. This dish is full of flavor and packed with nutrition, making it a great choice for anyone who wants to eat healthy without sacrificing taste.
— To start, you will need the following ingredients:
▢1 lb / 500 g lamb mince (ground lamb)
▢1/2 onion , grated
▢1/4 cup breadcrumbs , preferably panko
▢2 cloves garlic , crushed
▢2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
▢2 tsp cumin
▢2 tsp coriander
▢2 tsp paprika
▢1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
▢1 tsp cayenne pepper (this is a bit spicy, reduce to taste or leave out)
▢1 1/2 tsp salt
▢1/2 black pepper
▢1 cup yogurt , Greek or other thick plain
▢1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
▢1 clove garlic , crushed
▢1 tsp cumin
▢1 tbsp lemon juice
▢1/4 tsp salt and pepper , each
▢8 flatbreads (small) or 4 large, warmed (homemade or bought)
▢Shredded Red Cabbage, Carrot and Mint Salad
▢OR shredded lettuce, tomato and onion slices
— To make the Lamb Koftas:
- Yogurt Sauce: Combine the yogurt sauce ingredients and leave in fridge for at least 20 mninutes for the flavor to develop (overnight even better!).
- Koftas: Grate the onion into the bowl using a standard box grater. Add remaining Kofta ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- With damp hands, divide the meat into 8 equal pieces and push and shape the meat onto 8 skewers. Make them smooth (looks nicer, pictured!) or a bit nubbly (more surface area to brown!).
- Stove: Preheat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook in batches for 5 minutes in total, turning to brown evenly all over.
- BBQ: BBQ on medium high for about 6 minutes, rotating to brown all over.
- Broiler/oven grill: preheat and cook koftas 30cm/10″ from heat source for 12 minutes, rotating as needed until lightly browned (you won’t get as good a browning as stove/BBQ).
- Do a DIY spread – pile everything onto a platter a make everyone serve themselves.
- Get a flatbread, smear with Yogurt Sauce, top with Red Cabbage Mint Salad (more options Note 3) then Kofta, drizzle over more Yoghurt Sauce. Devour and be happy!
— Becky’s Tips:
- If you are short on time, you can prepare the kofta mixture the night before and refrigerate it until you are ready to cook them.
- If you don’t have ground lamb, you can substitute ground beef, chicken, or turkey.
- To make the koftas even more flavorful, try adding some chopped fresh mint or parsley to the mixture.
— Nutrition Information:
This recipe makes 12 koftas with approximately 160 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving. It is also a great source of protein, with each serving providing approximately 16 grams of protein. The Yoghurt Dressing is low in calories and fat but high in protein and calcium, making it a healthy and delicious addition to the dish.
In conclusion, Lamb Koftas with Yoghurt Dressing is a recipe that is easy to prepare, full of flavor, and packed with nutrition. Whether you are looking for a new weeknight dinner or a dish to serve at your next party, this recipe is sure to impress. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious and healthy it can be!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPES?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.