Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas Recipe: A Delicious and Unique Dessert
If you’re looking for a dessert that is both delicious and unique, then look no further than the strawberry cheesecake chimichanga! This dessert takes the classic chimichanga and gives it a sweet twist, with a creamy cheesecake filling and fresh strawberries. The result is a dessert that is sure to impress your family and friends.
➤ To Make This Recipe, You Will Need The Following Ingrédients :
- 6 (8-inch) soft flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese ( room temperature)
- 2 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups sliced strawberries
- Vegetable oil-for frying
- For coating:
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
➤ Step-by-Step Guide to Making it :
Beat cream cheese , sour cream, 1 tablespoon sugar and vanilla extract .
Fold in 3/4 cup of sliced fresh strawberries.
Divide the mixture evenly between 6 tortillas.
Slather the filling in the lower third of each tortilla, fold the two sides of each tortilla toward the center and then roll the tortilla up like a burrito (secure it with a toothpicks!) .
Combine 1/3 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside.
Line a large plate with paper towels.
In about 5 inch deep saucepan place about 2 -2 1/2 inch vegetable oil for frying and heat it over medium-high heat until it reaches 360ºF.
Fry the chimichangas until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes and flip them as needed (work in batches)
Transfer the chimichangas to the paper towel on a plate to drain for a minute, then roll them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Don’t forget to remove all toothpicks from the chimichangas!!!
➤ Becky’s Tips:
- Be sure to use softened cream cheese to ensure that the filling is smooth and creamy.
- Use fresh strawberries for the best flavor and texture. Frozen strawberries can be substituted if fresh strawberries are not available.
- When rolling up the chimichangas, be sure to roll them tightly to prevent the filling from falling out.
- Do not overcrowd the skillet when frying the chimichangas. This can cause the oil temperature to drop and result in soggy chimichangas.
- Serve the chimichangas warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra-special treat.
These Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, or until warm.
➤ Nutrition Information:
One serving (1 chimichanga) of this recipe contains approximately:
Saturated Fat: 13g
While this recipe is not low in calories, it is a delicious and indulgent treat that can be enjoyed in moderation. Plus, the addition of fresh strawberries provides a boost of vitamin C and antioxidants.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a dessert that’s sure to impress, give this Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas recipe a try. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how it turned out!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe below and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!