Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets: A Healthy Twist on a Classic Comfort Food
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner that’s also healthy and delicious, look no further than these Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets. They’re a perfect alternative to the traditional deep-fried version, and they’re sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike. So, let’s get started on this tasty recipe!
➤ You’ll need :
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (can substitute regular salt)
- Large pinch dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
➤ Step-by-Step Guide to Making it :
Preheat the oven:
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Position a rack in the center.
Pat the chicken pieces dry:
Pat the chicken pieces with paper towels. Patting the chicken pieces dry will help the chicken have crispy breading when baked.
Prepare the butter and breadcrumbs:
In a small bowl, stir the minced garlic into the melted butter. In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
Dredge the chicken pieces:
Piece by piece, dip the chicken pieces into the melted butter mix. Then dredge into the Parmesan breadcrumb mixture to coat.
Note: if your chicken pieces are cold, they may cause the melted butter to thicken, leaving too much butter sticking to the chicken pieces. If you see this happening, just reheat the butter.
Place the chicken on the roasting pan:
Place coated chicken pieces on to a 9- x13-inch (or larger) roasting pan. Try to leave a little room between each piece for air circulation. (You may need to use more than one roasting pan.) Drizzle with any remaining garlic butter.
Bake, then serve:
Bake uncovered at 450°F for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165°F. Note that the chicken will get much more browned on the bottom side than on the top, especially if you’re using a non-stick pan.
Let cool slightly before serving.
➤ Recipe Notes:
- You can use any type of breadcrumbs for this recipe, but panko breadcrumbs will give the nuggets a nice crunch.
- If you don’t have grated Parmesan cheese, you can substitute with another type of grated cheese like cheddar or mozzarella.
- For a gluten-free version, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour of your choice and use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
➤ Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size: 4 servings
Calories per serving: 300
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 18g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets are a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional fried version. They’re easy to make, packed with flavor, and they’re sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy the taste of comfort food without the guilt!
That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes.
You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.