If you’re looking for a hearty and satisfying meal that’s perfect for cooler weather, then look no further than a classic Guinness beef stew. This rich and savory dish is packed with tender chunks of beef, aromatic vegetables, and the unmistakable flavor of Guinness stout beer.
While beef stew is a classic comfort food, there are a few tips and tricks that can help take your recipe to the next level. Here are Becky’s tips for making delicious Guinness beef stew that will warm you up from the inside out.
➤ To Make This Recipe, You Will Need The Following Ingrédients :
- 2 lbs beef chuck boneless
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- ½ pound bacon about 8 slices
- 3 onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ? cup flour
- 1 ½ bottles of 12 oz dark beer 18 ounces total
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 large celery ribs sliced
- 1 ½ cups of Yukon gold potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
➤ To make this delicious recipe :
Cut the beef into 1 ½ inch chunks. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper and set it aside.
In a dutch oven, fry the bacon until crisp.
Remove it from the pan, crumble and set aside but leave the bacon fat in the pan.
Brown the beef by putting a little in the dutch oven at a time. As the pieces brown, remove them to a plate.
Again, leave the fat in the pan.
Sauté the onion for 5 minutes, add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Stir in the flour, and cook until this turns golden.
Add the beer, and use a wooden spoon to gently scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the dutch oven.
Whisk in the broth and tomato paste, until incorporated.
Add the beef and bacon back to the pan.
Stir in carrots, celery, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, pepper, thyme, and bay leaf.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook it covered for 2 hours, Then remove the lid and allow it to simmer for another 30 minutes so it can thicken up a bit.
Remove the bay leaf before serving.
➤ Becky’s Tips:
- Don’t skip the flour. Tossing the beef in flour before browning it helps to create a nice crust and thicken the stew.
- Use a good quality beef broth. This will give your stew a richer and more savory flavor.
- Let the stew simmer for at least 1-2 hours. This allows the flavors to meld together and the beef to become tender.
- For an even richer and thicker stew, you can add a tablespoon or two of cornstarch mixed with cold water during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve the stew with a slice of crusty bread or some mashed potatoes for a truly satisfying meal.
By following these tips and tricks, you can create a delicious and hearty Guinness beef stew that’s perfect for any occasion. So grab a bowl, cozy up by the fire, and enjoy this comforting dish all season long.
➤That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
➤‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
➤DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
➤How you went with my recipes?
➤Don’t forget to leave a comment below!