Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe: A Delicious and Easy One-Pot Meal
If you’re looking for a quick and easy one-pot meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights, look no further than the Instant Pot Shrimp Boil recipe. This classic Southern dish is made even easier with the use of an Instant Pot, which cuts down on cooking time and makes cleanup a breeze.
➤ To Make This Recipe, You Will Need The Following Ingrédients :
- 1.5 lb baby red potatoes
- 13 oz andouille sausage, cajun style or smoked, cut into 2″ segments
- 3 medium ears of corn, cut in half
- 1 cup onion, chopped, or pearl onions peeled
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp hot sauce, cayenne pepper sauce
- 4 tsp old bay seasoning, divided
- 2 lbs shrimp*, frozen, extra large (13-15 per lb.)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- parsley, freshly chopped
- lemon, cut into wedges
➤ To make the best Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe :
Add the potatoes, sausage and corn to the liner of the instant pot.
Add the onion if you prefer really soft onions, or add with the shrimp for more texture to them.
Mix together the chicken broth, hot sauce and 3 tsp of old bay seasoning, then pour into pot.
Make sure your silicone ring is fitting snuggly, then attach lid to pressure cooker.
Close vent to sealed position, cook on HIGH pressure for just 5 minutes, followed by a quick release of pressure (once timer has counted down the 5 minutes open valve to release pressure).
Quickly add in the frozen shrimp and cover the lid, closing the valve again.
Cook on HIGH pressure for just 1 minute, followed by a quick release. Drain any excess liquid from pot if desired.
Pour mixture into a large, rimmed tray. Combine melted butter, garlic powder and remaining 1 tsp of old bay seasoning and drizzle over corn, potatoes, shrimp and sausage.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
➤ Recipe Notes:
- Be sure to use small red potatoes for this recipe, as they cook more quickly than larger potatoes.
- You can use fresh or frozen corn for this recipe. If using frozen, be sure to thaw it before adding it to the Instant Pot.
- If you prefer spicier food, you can add more Old Bay seasoning or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- You can use any type of sausage you prefer for this recipe, but we recommend using smoked sausage for the best flavor.
➤ Nutrition Information:
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Total Fat: 33g
Saturated Fat: 15g
Total Carbohydrates: 33g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
In conclusion, the Instant Pot Shrimp Boil recipe is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious and flavorful one-pot meal. With just a few simple ingredients and the help of an Instant Pot, you can have a classic Southern dish on the table in no time. Be sure to try this recipe for your next weeknight dinner or family gathering!
That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes.
You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.