Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed by many for generations. It’s a perfect combination of sweet, tangy pineapple and fluffy cake, all topped with a caramelized topping. This recipe for Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake is perfect for those who want to enjoy this timeless dessert without spending too much time in the kitchen.
➤ You’ll need :
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, light
- 20 oz can pineapple slices, (reserve ½ cup juice)
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup pineapple juice, from canned pineapple
- 10 oz jar of maraschino cherries
- Optional topping: whipping cream
➤ Step-by-Step Guide to Making it :
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain the pineapple slices (reserve ½ cup juice for cake) and maraschino cherries.
Pour the melted butter into the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the butter.
Place the pineapple slices over the bottom of the pan evenly.
Place maraschino cherries in middle of pineapple slices, and in spaces around edges of the pan.
In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, combine vanilla cake mix, instant vanilla pudding mix, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, sour cream, and pineapple juice.
Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
Pour cake batter into baking dish over the pineapple and cherries, being careful not to move them. Smooth batter with rubber spatula.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for 5 minutes, then invert by placing a rectangular platter or baking sheet over the top of the cake pan, holding the sides of both the pan and platter firmly, and flipping over. Remove the cake pan gently.
Serve immediately or chilled, optional topping whipped cream.
➤ Notes and Variations:
- You can use fresh pineapple instead of canned, just make sure to slice it thinly.
- If you prefer a more caramelized topping, you can add a tablespoon of dark rum to the brown sugar before sprinkling it on the butter.
- You can also add chopped nuts (such as pecans or walnuts) to the brown sugar for added texture and flavor.
- To make a gluten-free version of this recipe, use a gluten-free yellow cake mix.
➤ Nutrition Information:
Serving size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 11.4g
Saturated Fat: 6.3g
Total Carbohydrates: 56.2g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
Total Sugars: 41.4g
In conclusion, this Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that everyone will enjoy. It’s perfect for any occasion and can be customized to suit your preferences. Give it a try and impress your family and friends with this classic dessert.
That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes.
You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.