There’s no denying that KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) has become an iconic fast food chain all around the world. Their crispy, flavorful fried chicken has been enjoyed by millions of people for decades. But have you ever wondered if you could make that same delicious chicken at home? Well, wonder no more!
➤ To Make This Recipe, You Will Need The Following Ingrédients :
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Ginger
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 3/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks
- as needed Frying Oil
➤ To make this delicious Homemade KFC Fried Chicken :
In a large bowl, mix Paprika (1/2 Tbsp) , Dried Thyme (1/2 tsp) , Dried Ginger (1/2 tsp) , Garlic Salt (1 tsp) , Dried Basil (1/2 tsp) , Dried Oregano (1/4 tsp) , Celery Salt (1/2 tsp) , Dry Mustard (1/2 tsp) , Ground Black Pepper (1/2 tsp) , Ground White Pepper (1/2 tsp) , Salt (1/2 tsp) , and Buttermilk (2 1/2 cups) together.
Place the Chicken Drumsticks (8) into the buttermilk and spice mixture. Coat well. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
In another bowl, add All-Purpose Flour (4 cups) , Paprika (1/2 Tbsp) , Dried Thyme (1/2 tsp) , Dried Ginger (1/2 tsp) , Garlic Salt (1 tsp) , Dried Basil (1/2 tsp) , Dried Oregano (1/4 tsp) , Celery Salt (1/2 tsp) , Dry Mustard (1/2 tsp) , Ground Black Pepper (1/2 tsp) , Ground White Pepper (1/2 tsp) , and Salt (1/2 tsp) .
Thoroughly coat the chicken in the flour and spice mixture.
Heat Frying Oil (as needed) in a pot. Fry chicken for 8 minutes, placing finished pieces on a paper towel.
Serve and enjoy!
- You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to make the chicken spicier or milder, depending on your preferences.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by mixing 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes until it curdles, and then use it in place of the buttermilk.
- To make the chicken even crispier, you can let it sit on the wire rack for a few minutes before serving.
- If you want to make the chicken extra flavorful, you can add some herbs or spices to the buttermilk mixture. Try adding some chopped fresh thyme, rosemary, or sage, or some hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce.
- If you prefer boneless chicken, you can use boneless chicken breasts or thighs instead of a whole chicken.
- For a healthier version, you can use skinless chicken and bake it in the oven instead of frying. Simply coat the chicken in the flour mixture and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
In conclusion, making homemade KFC fried chicken is easier than you might think
Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!