Easy Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner that will satisfy your cravings for Mexican food, these Easy Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas are the perfect solution. This recipe is a crowd-pleaser and can be easily modified to suit your taste preferences. Here’s how to make it:
— Ingredients :
▢2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken)
▢1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or mozzarella)
▢salt, pepper, Adobo seasoning, to taste
▢10 flour tortillas (taco size)
▢3 Tablespoons butter
▢3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
▢2 cups chicken broth
▢1 cup sour cream
▢4 ounce can diced green chiles (do not drain)
▢1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
— Preparation :
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken with 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese along with salt, pepper, Adobo seasoning, to taste.
Place chicken mixture into each of the 10 flour tortillas.
Roll them all up and place them in the prepared baking dish.
In a medium sauce pan, melt 3 Tablespoons butter.
Whisk in 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour and let cook and thicken for 1 minute (don’t let it burn).
Add 2 cups chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
Stir in 1 cup sour cream and 4 ounce can diced green chiles. Be sure not to let the mixture boil.
Take sauce off the heat and pour it over the enchiladas.
Top with 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
If you’d like, you can turn the broiler on high and broil these for a minute or two until cheese is slighly browned and bubbly.
— Notes and Variations:
- You can use either cooked shredded chicken or a rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
- If you don’t have cream of chicken soup on hand, you can substitute it with cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup.
- For a spicier version, add a chopped jalapeño to the chicken mixture.
- These enchiladas can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking.
- You can also freeze the enchiladas before baking. Just cover them tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To bake, thaw them overnight in the fridge and follow the baking instructions as usual.
— Nutrition Information:
One serving of Easy Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas (1 enchilada) contains approximately:
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Total Carbohydrates: 20g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
In conclusion, this Easy Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas recipe is a perfect meal to satisfy your craving for Mexican food in a quick and easy way. You can modify the recipe according to your taste and dietary preferences. Enjoy!
Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!