Lasagna soup is a delicious twist on the classic Italian pasta dish. It’s a hearty and comforting soup that is perfect for chilly evenings. With its rich tomato broth, tender lasagna noodles, and creamy ricotta cheese, this soup is sure to be a hit with everyone in your family. In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know to make a delicious and satisfying lasagna soup.
➤ You’ll need :
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, optional but recommended
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 14.5 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 lasagna noodles
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded from a block
- 8 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
➤ Step-by-Step Guide to Making it :
Cook and crumble the ground beef and sausage in a 4 -quart soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions halfway through and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Drain any grease. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add 4 Tbsp. tomato paste, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp hot sauce, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
Add the chicken broth and use a silicone spatula to “clean” the bottom and sides of the pot with it.
Add the crushed tomatoes, undrained diced tomatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
PRO TIP: If you have the rind from the block of Parmesan cheese, add it to the soup while it simmers for additional flavor.
Let the soup bubble gently while you begin boiling salted water for the lasagna noodles. Prior to adding the noodles, taste and adjust any seasonings as needed. The soup will become more concentrated as it simmers.
Break them in half and cook them according to package instructions. Drain and cut them into smaller strips. Transfer to the soup. You can also add them directly to serving bowls, if you plan on having leftovers it’s better to boil fresh noodles for serving, especially if you plan on freezing the soup.
Remove the bay leaf and garnish each serving bowl with Parmesan, Mozzarella, Ricotta, and parsley. Serve and enjoy! (This recipe is perfect with Garlic Bread with Cheese!)
➤ Pro Tips:
- For a healthier version of this soup, use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
- You can add more vegetables to the soup, such as chopped bell peppers, zucchini, or carrots, to increase its nutritional value and make it more filling.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, you can add a tablespoon of cornstarch to the broth to thicken it.
- To make this soup ahead of time, you can cook the meat and vegetables and store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. When ready to serve, just add the broth, tomatoes, and noodles and bring the soup to a boil.
Lasagna soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. To reheat, simply heat the soup in a pot on the stove or in the microwave until it’s hot.
➤ Nutrition Information:
This recipe makes about 6 servings. Each serving contains approximately:
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 7g
Total Carbohydrates: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
In conclusion, Lasagna Soup is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for a cozy night in. It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your tastes and preferences. By following the recipe and the pro tips provided, you can make a perfect bowl of Lasagna Soup every time. Enjoy!
This is an easy one and oh so good.
Try it out and don’t forget to RATE and COMMENT below!