Lemon Cake Recipe : Brighten Up Your Day with This Refreshing Dessert
Lemon cake is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed by generations. This zesty treat is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday party or a simple afternoon tea. This recipe is easy to make and uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. So, let’s get started!
— INGREDIENTS :
For the whisk:
- 50g lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 30g vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 120g of sugar
- 120g of flour
- 4 g baking powder
- For the lemon filling:
- 3 eggs
- 135g lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 190g of sugar
- 10g corn starch
For the cheese filling:
- 400 g whipping cream
- 80g powdered sugar
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the syrup:
- 100g of water
- 60g sugar
- 15g lemon juice
— INDICATIONS :
1. In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, zest and oil.
2. Beat the egg whites and gradually add sugar. Then add the egg yolks as well.
3. Apart mix flour and baking powder. Sift them and add them to the dough.
4. Lastly, add the lemon juice mixture from before.
5. Pour the dough into a mold (20 cm in diameter) and bake in a preheated oven at 160° for 35 minutes.
6. In a saucepan, mix the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and cornstarch.
7. Cook the cream on the stove, stirring continuously until thickened.
8. Sieve the cream and let it cool covered with some plastic wrap.
9. Whip the cream with sugar, then add cream cheese and vanilla.
10. Refine the cake and cut it into 3 equal layers.
11. Moisten the cake with a syrup made from water, lemon juice and sugar.
12. Assemble the dessert by filling the cake with both lemon cream and cream cheese.
13. Use the cream cheese to cover the entire cake as well, then chill in the fridge for 6 hours.
— Notes and Variations:
For an extra lemony flavor, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the frosting.
You can also add a layer of lemon curd between the cake layers for a tangy surprise.
If you want to make this cake gluten-free, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
You can also make this cake into cupcakes by filling lined muffin tins 2/3 full with batter and baking for 20-25 minutes.
Once the lemon cake has cooled completely, you can store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. It will keep well at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months, but be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
— Nutrition Information:
One slice of this lemon cake contains approximately 300 calories, 12g of fat, 45g of carbohydrates, and 4g of protein. It’s important to remember that this is a treat and should be enjoyed in moderation.
In conclusion, this lemon cake is a refreshing dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your tastes. So, go ahead and brighten up your day with this delicious treat!
That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes.
You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.