Instant Pot Spaghetti is a quick and easy meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. This recipe is made in the Instant Pot, which makes it even easier to prepare, and the end result is a delicious and comforting dish that the whole family will enjoy. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps of making Instant Pot Spaghetti so that you can enjoy this delicious meal in no time.
— Ingredients :
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 – 24 ounce cans of pasta sauce
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can of diced or crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 16 ounces of spaghetti noodles 1 lb
- Optional Garnish: parmesan cheese
— Method :
Pour spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and sugar into a large bowl and combine. Set this mixture aside.
Add the olive oil to your instant pot and set the function to saute. Break up the ground beef and add it to the oil.
As it browns, use a hard spatula or wooden spoon to stir and break up the meat so that you don’t have any large chunks.
Cook the beef completely through. Turn off the saute function.
Drain excess fat from the pot.
Make sure that you scrape the bottom of the instant pot well with the wooden spoon.
We don’t want any bits stuck there when we pressure cook later.
Pour the 2 cups of water over the cooked ground beef.
Break handfuls of the spaghetti in half and place it on top of the water. Criss-cross and spread out the handfuls so that the spaghetti is not in a big clump.
Then, spoon the spaghetti sauce mixture over the noodles until they are completely covered. We want liquid above and below the spaghetti.
Press the spaghetti down a little under the sauce if there is still some uncovered after adding the sauce.
Do not stir. The sugar from the sauce needs to stay above the bottom of the post while cooking, otherwise it will crystallize and begin to burn.
Seal the pressure cooker and set the time for 8 minutes on HIGH
When the cook time is done, use the quick release.
When the pressure is released, give the spaghetti a thorough stir to mix together all the ingredients.
Leave the lid off and allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving so the sauce can thicken.
Top with grated parmesan cheese of desired
— Notes and Variations:
- If you prefer a vegetarian version, you can omit the ground beef and replace it with diced mushrooms or a vegetarian meat substitute.
- You can also add in additional vegetables, such as diced bell peppers or zucchini, to increase the nutritional content of the dish.
- To make the spaghetti extra saucy, you can add an additional can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes.
- If you prefer a spicier flavor, you can add red pepper flakes to the sauce.
- For a creamier texture, you can add a dollop of ricotta cheese or cream cheese to the sauce before serving.
— Nutrition Information:
One serving of Instant Pot Spaghetti (1/6 of the recipe) contains approximately:
Overall, Instant Pot Spaghetti is a delicious and easy recipe that can be customized to fit your taste preferences. With the convenience of the Instant Pot, you can have a hearty and satisfying meal on the table in no time.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPES?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.