Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is a classic recipe that never goes out of style. It’s perfect for a weekend brunch or an afternoon snack. This bread is light, moist, and bursting with lemon flavor. The addition of poppy seeds adds a subtle crunch and texture that complements the softness of the bread. In this article, we will guide you through the recipe for the best Lemon Poppy Seed Bread.
➤ To Make This Recipe, You Will Need The Following Ingrédients :
For the Lemon Loaf Cake :
- 3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup flavorless oil vegetable, canola, avocado
- 3 large eggs
- 3 lemons zested and juiced
- 2-4 drops yellow food coloring optional
For the Lemon Glaze :
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
➤ To make the Best Lemon Poppy Seed Bread :
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Set out two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, or three 8 x 4 inch loaf pans. Grease the pans well.
Set out a large mixing bowl and a medium mixing bowl.
Zest the lemons, making sure to only grate the yellow skin, not the bitter white underneath.
Then juice 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice for the bread, and one extra tablespoon for the glaze.
In the large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, poppyseeds, baking powder, and salt.
Mix well. Then mix in the milk, oil, eggs, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and all lemon zest. Mix until smooth.
Pour the poppy seed bread batter evenly into the prepared pans.
Place them on the center rack, and bake. 55 to 60 minutes for 9 inch pans, 45 to 50 minutes for 8 inch pans.
When the timer goes off, insert a toothpick deep into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean they are ready.
If not, continue baking a checking in 5 minute increments. Remove them from the oven and let them rest in the pans for 15 minutes.
Then gently run a butter knife around the edges to loosen the bread, and gently flip the loaves out of the pans onto a wire rack.
➤ Notes and Variations:
- To make the bread more citrusy, you can add more lemon zest or lemon juice to the batter.
- For a slightly sweeter bread, you can increase the amount of sugar in the recipe by 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes before using.
- You can also add other ingredients to the batter, such as blueberries, raspberries, or chopped nuts, to add extra flavor and texture to the bread.
- This bread can be stored at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to five days.
➤ Nutrition Information:
One slice (1/10 of the loaf) of Lemon Poppy Seed Bread contains approximately:
Saturated Fat: 6g
This Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is a simple yet delicious recipe that is sure to please everyone. The tangy lemon flavor and the crunch of the poppy seeds make for a perfect combination. It’s easy to make and can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack. Give this recipe a try and you’ll see why it’s a classic!
Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!