If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy alternative to traditional beef burgers, then Hawaiian tuna burgers with grilled pineapple are the perfect choice. Not only are they packed with flavor, but they’re also a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
Here’s a simple recipe for Hawaiian tuna burgers with grilled pineapple that you can make at home.
➤ You’ll need :
For the Ahi Tuna Patties:
- 2 pounds ahi tuna steaks diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped scallions, greens and whites
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Sesame oil for cooking
For the Hoisin Mustard:
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
For the Tuna Burgers:
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices fresh pineapple, round
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 6 leaves butter lettuce
➤ Step-by-Step Guide to Making it :
Mix all the ingredients for the ahi tuna patties in a large bowl. Divide into 6 equal portions and press into patties.
Preheat the griddle (or a skillet) to medium heat.
Once it’s very hot, brush the surface with sesame oil and place the patties on the hot surface.
Sear the patties for 3 minutes per side, so the interior ahi chunks are still a little pink. Flip carefully. These patties are fragile.
Then immediately grill or sear the pineapple slices for 1-2 minutes per side.
Whisk together the ingredients for the hoisin mustard.
Then spread the mustard on the buns and stack the burgers with lettuce, ahi tuna patties, grilled pineapple, and fresh avocado slices. Serve warm!
➤ Recipe Notes:
- For the best flavor and texture, use fresh tuna that has been finely chopped. Canned tuna can also be used, but it may result in a softer burger.
- If you prefer a spicier burger, add some chopped jalapeno or red pepper flakes to the tuna mixture.
- Don’t overmix the tuna mixture or it may become too dense and tough.
- Make sure the grill is preheated to the right temperature before grilling the burgers to ensure they cook evenly and develop a nice crust.
- Be careful not to overcook the tuna burgers, as they can quickly become dry and lose their flavor. The internal temperature should reach 145°F.
- The grilled pineapple can be substituted with canned pineapple rings, but fresh pineapple will give the best flavor.
- Experiment with different toppings to customize the burger to your taste. Avocado, bacon, and teriyaki sauce are all great options.
In conclusion, these Hawaiian Tuna Burgers with Grilled Pineapple are a perfect alternative to traditional beef burgers. They are easy to make, healthy, and bursting with flavor. The addition of grilled pineapple takes this burger to the next level and makes it a crowd-pleaser. Try it out at your next cookout and watch as your guests rave about this delicious creation
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how it turned out!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe below and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!