Taco Pinwheels Recipe: A Delicious and Easy Appetizer
If you’re looking for a tasty and easy-to-make appetizer, Taco Pinwheels are an excellent choice. These pinwheels are perfect for parties, potlucks, or even as a snack. They’re easy to make and can be customized to your liking.
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ 8 oz can of rotel
- 1 sheet of puff pastry thawed (usually comes in a package of two)
- 1 cup mexican blend cheese shredded
- Optional Garnishes: lettuce tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, green onions, cilantro
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with nonstick spray.
Put the beef into a skillet and break it up well. Set the heat to medium high.
Add the diced onion and minced garlic and continue to break everything up and mix well as you scramble fry it.
Cook until there is no pink left in the meat.
Drain the meat well.
Stir in the spice mixture: salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder, dried oregano, and paprika. Then stir in the water and mix everything well.
Cook this for 3-4 minutes, take it off the heat and set it aside.
Unroll the pizza dough on a flat surface. Roll or press it into a large rectangle (about 18 inches long). Set the rectangle so that the long edge is parallel with the edge of the counter.
Spread the meat mixture evenly all over the dough. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over top.
Starting at the long edge closest to you, begin to roll up the dough (cinnamon bun- style). Roll it up tightly. Seal the edge all along the roll.
Use a serrated knife to cut the roll evenly into one-inch slices. (If the knife gets the filling on it, wipe it with a wet paper towel in-between cuts.)
Place the taco pinwheels on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between them.
Bake the pinwheels for 10 to 12 minutes or until the pinwheels are golden brown.
These are best served hot. Use the optional garnishes of your choice.
➔ Notes and Variations:
- You can add additional ingredients to the filling to make it your own. Some great additions include diced jalapenos, black beans, or cooked ground beef.
- If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you can leave it out or substitute it with another herb, such as parsley or basil.
- For a spicier version of these pinwheels, use hot Rotel or add extra diced jalapenos.
- These pinwheels can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before serving.
➔ Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size: 1 pinwheel
Saturated Fat: 6g
Overall, Taco Pinwheels are a delicious and easy appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion. They can be customized to your liking and can be made ahead of time, making them a great option for parties and gatherings. Plus, they’re relatively low in calories and are a good source of protein. Give them a try at your next get-together and watch them disappear!
That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes.
You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.