When the temperatures start to rise and the sun is shining bright, there’s nothing quite like a refreshing and sweet dessert to help you cool off. And what better way to satisfy your sweet tooth than with a frozen berry cream pie? This Very Berry Frozen Cream Pie recipe is perfect for those warm summer days, or any time of year when you want a delicious dessert that’s both creamy and fruity.
BLUEBERRY AND RASPBERRY SAUSE:
- 1 cup Fresh raspberries
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Water, divided
- 6 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground Graham cracker
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
TO PREPARE BLUEBERRY AND RASPBERRY SAUCE:
In a small pan put blueberries, 1/4 cup water, 3 table spoons sugar and 1/2 table spoon cornstarch.
In a separate pan, put the same ingredients and raspberries, instead of blueberries.
Heat at a medium temperature, stirring from time to time, for 4-5 min.
Leave to cool for 15 minutes, at a room temperature.
In order to eliminate raspberry seeds, press raspberries through a fine mesh straier using rubber spatula.
Leave it in the fridge for an hour, to cool.
TO PREPARE GRAHAM CRACKER PIE CRUST:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium dish, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
Press on the bottom and the sides of the 9-inch pie plate and bake for 7 min.
Cool for 15 minutes, at a room temperature, then in the fridge until cooled completely.
TO PREPARE THE FILLING:
In a large dish beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add condensed milk, heavy whipping cream and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Take the pie crust and sauces out of the fridge. Pour half of the filling over the graham pie crust. With a spoon, put one sauce, than the other, until 1/2 is used.
Swirl with a knife. Pour the rest of the filling and repeat the same procedure with the sauces.
— Notes and Variations:
- For a twist on this recipe, try using different combinations of berries, such as blackberries, cherries, or even a mixed berry blend.
- You can also experiment with different crusts, such as a chocolate cookie crust or a gluten-free option made with almond flour.
- For added crunch, consider topping the pie with chopped nuts or crumbled cookies.
- If you prefer a sweeter pie, add a little more sugar to the cream cheese mixture. Likewise, if you prefer a tart flavor, add more lemon juice.
- To make this pie vegan, substitute the heavy whipping cream and cream cheese with non-dairy alternatives such as coconut cream and vegan cream cheese.
— Nutrition Information:
This Very Berry Frozen Cream Pie recipe serves 8 people and each serving contains approximately:
While this pie may not be the healthiest option, it’s still a great treat to enjoy in moderation. Plus, the combination of fresh berries and cream cheese provides a good source of vitamins and antioxidants. So go ahead and indulge in a slice (or two) of this delicious dessert, and savor the sweet taste of summer all year round.
Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!