Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes: A Comforting Delight
When it comes to hearty and comforting meals, few dishes can compare to the satisfaction of a loaded baked potato. This recipe takes the classic baked potato to a whole new level by combining the creamy goodness of cheddar cheese with the vibrant flavors of broccoli. Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes are a delicious and nutritious dish that will leave you craving for more.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed well and dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons salted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chives
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped, divided
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Place potatoes in a small baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until soft. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Once the potatoes are cool enough to safely handle, slice each one in half, lengthwise.
Scoop out the potato pulp and place it into a large bowl, being careful to leave the skins intact.
Rub the outsides of the potato skins with a little olive oil. Place the skins on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
Add the butter to the potato pulp and mash – using an electric mixer or a potato masher – until fairly smooth; add Greek yogurt, buttermilk, salt, pepper, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes, dill weed, paprika, broccoli and 3/4 cup of the cheese.
Divide the filling evenly among the potato shells then top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through. Serve at once!
- You can customize this recipe by adding other ingredients like cooked bacon, diced red bell peppers, or even jalapeños for an extra kick.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of cheese and sour cream according to your preference. If you’re looking for a lighter option, you can use reduced-fat versions of these ingredients.
- Be careful when handling hot potatoes, as they can be quite hot and may cause burns. Allow them to cool slightly before handling.
Here’s the approximate nutritional information per serving of Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potato (assuming four servings):
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 9g
These values are approximate and may vary depending on specific ingredients and portion sizes.
Broccoli and Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes are a delightful twist on the classic baked potato, combining the creaminess of cheddar cheese with the freshness of broccoli. This recipe provides a perfect balance of flavors and textures, resulting in a dish that is both comforting and nutritious.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how it turned out!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe below and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!