Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe: A Delightful Treat for Any Occasion
This weekend we were invited to a family party and I thought the Chocolate Neck Cake would be perfect! Plus, I wanted to bring a homemade dessert that didn’t take all day to make and was enough to feed those who attended. I love chocolate and knew the little crowd would be happy with it too.
The recipe calls for a layer of sugary pecans that are placed inside the bottom of a bouquet tray.
I’m not a fan of nuts and I know they were a bunch of people we didn’t know – I decided to err on the side of caution and leave the nuts out. You never know if someone has a nut allergy and it’s better to be safe than sorry.
The sugary topping made a delicious crunchy layer. loved it! I added some fresh strawberries and forgot the whipped cream – it would have been a nice addition!
Everything in moderation, plus cake is always a good idea!
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ⅝ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup blueberries, fresh
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup chopped pecans
1 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar for dusting
How To Make Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9” Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in blueberries. Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the batter in the pan. Spoon remaining batter over the top, and then sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over.
- Use a knife or thin spatula to swirl the sugar layer into the cake.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the crown of the cake comes out clean. Cool the pan over a wire rack.
- Invert onto a serving plate, and tap firmly to remove from the pan. Dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.
- You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries for the filling. If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them before using.
- Lemon zest adds a bright and refreshing flavor to the blueberry filling.
- Make sure not to overmix the batter to maintain the cake’s soft texture.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Total Carbohydrates: 44g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Indulging in a slice of Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake is a wonderful experience for your taste buds. The combination of moist cake, burst of blueberries, and delicate streusel topping creates a symphony of flavors and textures. Whether you’re sharing it with loved ones or enjoying a quiet moment with a cup of coffee, this coffee cake is sure to bring joy to your palate and a smile to your face.
That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes.
You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.