Lemon Blueberry Loaf with Lemon Glaze: A Delightful Recipe
When life gives you lemons and blueberries, why not combine them into a delightful treat? The Lemon Blueberry Loaf with Lemon Glaze is a burst of summer flavors that can brighten up any day. This moist and zesty loaf is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet afternoon snack. With the added tanginess of the lemon glaze, this recipe is sure to become a household favorite.
°1½ cups all-purpose flour, plus an additional 1 tablespoon
°1 teaspoon baking powder
°1/2 teaspoon salt
°1/3 cup soft unsalted butter
°1 cup granulated sugar
°2 large eggs
°2 teaspoons of lemon peel
°2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
°Half a cup of milk
°1 c fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with flour.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Put aside.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat the eggs, one at a time, followed by the lemon zest and juice, until well blended.
5. Gradually adding flour mix to wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Begin & end with flour mixture, mixing to combined.
6. Stir the blueberries to 1 tablespoon flour. (This step prevents the berries from sinking to the bottom of the bread during baking.) Gently stirring in coat blueberries, being careful not to overmix.
7. Pour batter to prepared loaf pan and smooth top with a spatula.
8. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
9. Removing from oven and letting bread cool in the pan for 10 mn before transfer it to a wire rack.
- Prevent Sinking Berries: To prevent your blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the loaf during baking, toss them in a small amount of flour before adding them to the batter.
- Avoid Overmixing: When combining the wet and dry ingredients, be gentle and avoid overmixing. This will ensure a tender texture in the final loaf.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Make sure your butter, eggs, and yogurt are at room temperature. This helps in achieving a smoother batter and better incorporation of ingredients.
- Zest First: Zest the lemons before juicing them for the glaze. It’s much easier to zest whole lemons than halved ones.
(Serving size: 1 slice)
Calories: 220 / Total Fat: 8g / Saturated Fat: 4.5g / Cholesterol: 60mg / Sodium: 180mg / Total Carbohydrates: 35g / Dietary Fiber: 1g / Sugars: 23g / Protein: 3g
The Lemon Blueberry Loaf with Lemon Glaze is a delightful culinary creation that marries the tanginess of lemons with the sweetness of blueberries. This recipe offers a balance of flavors and textures, making it a versatile treat for various occasions. With the provided pro tips, you’ll be able to create a loaf that’s both visually appealing and incredibly delicious. Whether enjoyed with a cup of tea or as a dessert, this Lemon Blueberry Loaf is a true testament to the joys of baking.
Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
How you went with my recipes?
Don’t forget to leave a comment below!