Indulgent Fusion Delight: Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe
Combining the rich flavors of two beloved desserts, the Pecan Pie Cheesecake is a tantalizing fusion that brings together the velvety creaminess of cheesecake and the sweet, nutty crunch of pecan pie. This dessert masterpiece is a showstopper for any occasion, from holiday gatherings to decadent dinner parties. With its luscious texture, nutty aroma, and a hint of caramelized sweetness, the Pecan Pie Cheesecake is a dessert that will leave everyone craving for more.
2 cups graham crackers, crumbed
⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
½ cup butter, unsalted and melted
⅓ cup butter, salted
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 ½ cups of chopped pecans
16 ounces cream cheese softened
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ tbsp flour, all purpose
1 tbsp vanilla extract
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup butter, salted
⅓ cup light brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup heavy cream
1 cup chopped pecans
How To Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 325*
- Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray lightly
- Prepare the crust first
- Press the crust into the prepared springform pan
- Bring the crust part way up the sides of the pan
- Place the pan and crust into the freezer to chill while you make the filling
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, the eggs, vanilla and pecans( it is best to not add the eggs first, you could end up with breakfast eggs).
- Stir continuously to keep the ingredients mixed well.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the mix thickens
- Pour this filling into the prepared crust and set to the side
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar together and then add in the salt and the flour
- Stir in the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time. Add the sour cream and beat until just mixed, do not over mix
- Pour this mix into the pan on top of the pecan filling, using spoonfuls to do this. Do not pour as you will move the filling and pecans
- Wrap the bottom of your springform pan tightly on the bottom with aluminum foil. Use a couple of layers of foil.
- Place the springform pan into a pan that is larger than the springform pan
- Pour water into the outer pan part way up the foil. This is called a water bath
- Place the pans into the oven and bake for 1 hour, just until the cheesecake is still slightly jiggly
- Turn the heat off for the oven, leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes, then crack the door open just slightly and continue to leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes to cool
- Place the cheesecake on the counter, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap once it is completely cooled. Then place it in the refrigerator overnight to chill.
- The next day, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and prepare the topping
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together in a pan
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- As it thickens, it will also become a darker color.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the heavy cream and the vanilla
- Spoon this topping over the top of the cheesecake
Room Temperature Ingredients: Ensure that the cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature before starting. This will result in a smoother cheesecake batter and prevent lumps.
Prevent Cracks: To prevent cracks on the surface of the cheesecake, bake it in a water bath. Wrap the springform pan with aluminum foil and place it in a larger baking pan. Fill the larger pan with hot water that reaches halfway up the sides of the springform pan before baking.
Graham Cracker Crust Perfection: Press the graham cracker crust firmly and evenly into the pan using the bottom of a glass or measuring cup. This will create a solid base for your cheesecake.
Pecan Toasting: Toast the pecans for the topping in a dry skillet over medium heat until they become fragrant. Toasting enhances their flavor and gives your cheesecake an extra crunch.
(per serving, based on 12 servings)
Total Fat: 30g
Saturated Fat: 14g
Total Carbohydrates: 41g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
The Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe is a testament to the magic that happens when two classic desserts come together in perfect harmony. Its crunchy crust, velvety cheesecake filling, and luscious pecan topping create a symphony of flavors that will leave your taste buds in awe. By following the step-by-step guide and pro tips provided in this article, you’ll be able to create a show-stopping dessert that’s bound to impress family and friends. So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and embark on a journey to create a dessert masterpiece that’s as delightful to make as it is to savor.
That’s it, all you have to do is Enjoy !
‘Carammelle’ offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes.
You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.