Fluffy Delight: How to Make Perfect Soufflé Pancakes
Pancakes have long been a beloved breakfast staple, but there’s a delightful twist to this classic that’s been sweeping breakfast tables around the world – Soufflé Pancakes. These pillowy clouds of goodness are a culinary marvel, offering a light and airy texture that’s a departure from the traditional flat and dense pancakes we all know. If you’re ready to elevate your breakfast game and impress your family or guests, read on to discover the art of making perfect Soufflé Pancakes.
What Are Soufflé Pancakes?
Soufflé Pancakes are a Japanese-inspired breakfast sensation that combines the familiar comfort of pancakes with an ethereal lightness. Imagine biting into a pancake that’s so soft and fluffy it practically melts in your mouth, and you’ll have a good idea of what Soufflé Pancakes are all about. These pancakes are taller, fluffier, and have an almost soufflé-like texture, hence the name.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Before we dive into the step-by-step instructions, let’s gather the ingredients you’ll need to make these heavenly pancakes:
20 ml of whole milk
10 g of unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of concentrated coffee aroma
1 pinch of salt
30 gr of wheat flour
40 grams of sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. The first step to make these fluffy pancakes is to separate the yolks from the whites.
2. Now we mix the yolks in a bowl together with the milk, the previously melted butter and the teaspoon of coffee aroma, but you can use other essences such as vanilla. We end up stirring well.
3. Add a pinch of salt and the previously sifted flour, mix it with the kitchen tongue or the kitchen rods.
4. Whip the egg whites until stiff, for this we put the mixer at maximum power and when it begins to thicken, add a teaspoon of lemon and little by little the sugar until the whites are assembled. This step can also be done by hand with the rods.
5. Add the egg whites to the bowl with the yolks and with enveloping movements mix everything with the pastry tongue.
6. Once ready, we preheat a wide casserole with a few drops of oil that we will distribute with a brush on the base of the casserole, we help ourselves with a small ladle or the same piping bag where we will have introduced the mixture.
7. We put two portions the size of a Maria cookie and cover it for 4 minutes.
8. We turn them around with a spatula and cover it again, leaving the same amount of time and then we remove it.
9. We serve it directly on the plate with a drizzle of elk syrup and some slices of fresh fruit, really fluffy and delicious!
Pro Tips for success :
- Ensure your egg whites are free from any traces of yolks or grease; even a small amount can prevent them from whipping properly.
- Use a non-stick pan and cook on low to medium heat to prevent burning and ensure even cooking.
- Be patient; flipping the pancakes too early can cause them to collapse.
- Customize your toppings to your liking, but fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup are classic choices.
Note: Nutrition facts may vary based on serving size and toppings.
Calories: Approximately 150 per pancake
These values are approximate and may vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes.
In conclusion, soufflé pancakes are a delightful treat that combines the best of breakfast and dessert. Their fluffy texture and versatility in toppings make them a crowd-pleaser for all occasions. By following our easy recipe and pro tips, you can master the art of making these heavenly pancakes. So, gather your ingredients, whip up a batch, and savor the joy of indulging in these fluffy delights. Your taste buds will thank you!
<<Carammelle>> offers you everyday fresh, fun and easy recipes. You can find the best quick and easy to make recipes, simple meal planning ideas and cooking techniques.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
How you went with my recipes?
Don’t forget to leave a comment below!