Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe: A Warm Bowl of Comfort
When the chill of autumn or the frosty grasp of winter sets in, there’s nothing quite as comforting as a steaming bowl of homemade soup. And when it comes to hearty, soul-warming soups, few can rival the rich and satisfying flavor of Vegetables Beef Soup. This timeless classic brings together tender cuts of beef, an assortment of vibrant vegetables, and a savory broth that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight.
In this article, we will take you through a step-by-step guide on how to prepare this delicious and nutritious soup that is not only perfect for warming up on cold days but also an excellent way to incorporate a variety of vegetables into your diet. Whether you’re an experienced home chef or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is simple to follow and guarantees a bowl of goodness that will keep you coming back for more.
– 1 pound (450g) beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1 tablespoon oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 carrots, diced
– 3 celery stalks, diced
– 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
– 1 can diced tomatoes (14 ounces/400g)
– 4 cups beef broth
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
3. Add the carrots, celery, and potatoes to the pot. Stir and cook for a few minutes until the vegetables start to soften slightly.
4. Return the browned beef to the pot. Add the diced tomatoes (with their juice), beef broth, bay leaf, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for about 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the beef is tender and the flavors have melded together.
6. Remove the bay leaf from the pot. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed.
7. Ladle the vegetable beef soup into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
8. Serve the soup hot and enjoy!
Choose lean beef: Opt for lean cuts of beef to reduce the fat content of your soup. Trim excess fat before cooking.
Sear the beef: Browning the beef before simmering adds depth of flavor to the soup. Don’t rush this step.
Variety of veggies: Feel free to customize your soup with your favorite vegetables. Mushrooms, bell peppers, and zucchini are excellent additions.
Fresh herbs: If available, use fresh thyme or other herbs for a burst of freshness and aroma.
This Vegetable Beef Soup is not only delicious but also nutritious. Here are some approximate nutrition facts per serving (serving size: 1 cup):
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Vitamin A: 40% DV
Vitamin C: 15% DV
Calcium: 4% DV
Iron: 10% DV
Note: DV stands for Daily Value, based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
This Vegetable Beef Soup recipe is a wholesome and satisfying meal that’s easy to prepare. Whether you’re enjoying it on a chilly evening or as a nutritious lunch, it’s a great way to incorporate a variety of vegetables and lean protein into your diet. With our pro tips and knowledge of its nutrition facts, you can relish this soup with the confidence that it’s both delicious and good for you. Enjoy!
This is an easy one and oh so good.
Try it out and don’t forget to RATE and COMMENT below!